The market for disposable cannabis technology is growing, which means that there are many advantageous and user-friendly products popping up online and in dispensaries every day. However, the ideal choice for cannabis retailers and consumers has been leaning towards disposable dab pens, a seamlessly simplistic technology that comes already charged as a handy pick and puff time-saver. So, regardless of where your preference lies, it’s worth learning why throw-and-go technology has sparked such a conversation throughout the industry.
What advantages do disposable dab pens offer?
Marijuana retailers and users love disposable dab pen technology because of its clear advantages over other cannabis extracts, including:
- Convenience: These devices are sold pre-filled, pre-charged, and ready to vape as soon as they’re taken out of their packaging.
- Cost: Since disposable dab pens come filled with pure, potent oils, they’re more intoxicatingly powerful, meaning less is needed to achieve the desired state of calm relaxation.
- Simplicity: There’s no need to fill up or charge the battery of your disposable dab pen. Once finished, toss it out altogether and replace it with a new strain or flavor.
- Reliability: Disposable dab pens evaporate at extremely low temperatures, so there are fewer residual solvents that are left behind to clog up your mouthpiece. Besides, the battery life is long-lasting and proficient, so you’ll be able to finish your oil long before the lifespan is up.
How do you select a disposable dab pen?
There’s no one-size-fits-all model to follow when it comes to selecting the best disposable dab pen because the right product will be dependent on your needs and desired experience. However, here are some factors to consider if this is your first time purchasing this type of cannabis product.
- Size: All cannabis vape pens are convenient in their size and shape, making them portable and easy to carry around. In fact, the standard size fits comfortably in the hand of the vaper and is short and slim making them easy to handle. However, discrete vapers may want to invest in products that are even smaller than traditional devices for a quicker, more subtle vaping experience.
- Oil type: Your extract formulation is something to consider, as different oils are best reserved for various uses and benefits. That being said, the most common distinctions for disposable vape pens are either Indica, Sativa or Hybrid strains with either heightened CBD or THC levels.
- Quality: Like most cannabis products, disposable dab pens range from top-quality to standard and the excellency likely offers you a better flavor, more consistency, and even longer battery life (not like this is really needed for a disposable device).
How to use and store your device
Since you’re set on using a disposable dab pen rather than a modified device, it’s incredibly easy to pick up if you follow these simple steps:
- Remove the vape pen from its packaging
- If there’s a button, click it, and an indicator light should turn on. If there’s no button, skip ahead to the next step.
- Inhale through your mouthpiece. If your device has a light, it should also turn on at this time.
- Exhale the vapor.
Although disposable dab pens are pleasant and easy-to-inhale, take small draws until you’re used to how the vapor collects within your device. This will allow you to increase your tolerance level over time without overwhelming yourself. Also, keep in mind that the standard 0.5mL vape pen will offer about 225 puffs before your oil runs out.
In terms of storing a disposable dab pen, you’ll want to keep your hardware in a cool, dry place. Moisture is damaging to the equipment and heightened temperatures can affect battery life and performance over time. Also, the mouthpiece can become clogged if your device is left out in direct sunlight. Essentially, a disposable dab pen isn’t intended for long-term storage, but if you want it to last a couple of weeks, follow the above tips and your device should remain in pristine condition until your last puff.
What is your favorite part about using a disposable vape pen rather than a modified pen that requires cartridges? Drop a comment below to share with our readers.